Summer Arts Camp
June 24-28 | 9am-12:30pm | Students entering grades 5-12 | $50
Summer Arts Camp is an exciting opportunity designed to unleash our students’ desire for worship expression in music, dance, visual arts and more! This great annual tradition has grown significantly and allows our students to utilize their artistic talents in service to the Lord. This camp is also an awesome opportunity for students to collaborate with other artists, all with a focus on worshipping God. Classes are taught by a combination of Scottsdale Bible Worship Arts staff and talented volunteer leaders in their fields.
Each student will choose one of the following class options in which they will participate throughout the week:
- Singing—Students are taught vocal technique as well as style, interpretation and expression in the context of todays’ worship music.
- Art—Various concepts of art are introduced as the students complete individual pottery, drawings and paintings centered on interpretations of Biblical themes and verses.
- Dance—Students choreograph and prepare a modern dance routine to a selected worship song.
- Beginning Guitar—A great place to start if you have an interest in learning to play the guitar; basic technique and chords are introduced and students learn 2 songs throughout the week. It’s preferable to bring your own acoustic guitar but we have a limited number of instruments available to borrow for the week, available upon request in the registration form.
- Drum Workshop—This is for students who have minimal percussion experience; various drums/percussion instruments will be used in teaching technique and rhythmic interpretation with a short rotation on drum set; great for those who are interested in joining a band but not ready for the rigors and independence needed on the drum set in an ensemble environment.
- Keyboard Workshop—This is for students new to playing keyboards in a band who will learn basics of chord reading, how to choose sounds, and ensemble skills. Students must have at least two years of piano lessons to enroll.
- Worship bands—For those who already play guitars, keyboards, or drums and have an intermediate/advanced level of proficiency, these students will be placed in separate bands and learn new music and techniques in preparation for the Friday worship event; students will be asked to send a short video clip of themselves playing their instrument to help us place them in the proper level of band.
- Technical Arts—Our Scottsdale Bible Technical Staff members introduce all the audio, video, lighting we use in the worship center for services; students rotate through each segment and prepare to operate all the equipment at the Friday Worship Event. This year returning tech students will have an option to select an advanced track in the registration form.
- Photography—Students learn photography principles through hands-on projects in nature as well as photographing the various students and activities on campus. They also create a personal collage and storyboard of their own life using their photos, integrating their faith and art through photography. Students need to provide their own DSLR camera for the week.
The registration fee includes a daily snack, pizza and ice cream lunch on Friday, as well as a camp t-shirt.
The culmination of the camp week is our Friday worship event at 2pm in the Worship Center. Each year we enjoy a student-led worship experience and a display of student talents and creations crafted throughout the week.
We believe the next generation of worship leaders is born out of the experiences our students have in their younger years. It is a privilege to witness God at work in their lives!