Christmas for the Valley | Gifts for Kids
Part of our For the Valley vision for this holiday season is to offer hope and joy to children in our community who are in need. We are partnering with several local ministry partners who serve children and families in the foster care system or provide mentoring for youth. Each campus will collect gifts and present them to the children at special events in December.
To participate, visit the patio tables at your campus in November to pick up a gift bag or stocking for a child, and return it by Sunday, November 21. If you would like to serve at one of the events, sign up below or talk with the Christmas for the Valley team at your campus. Following is a summary of the plans and ministry partners for each campus. Thanks for joining us as we get out there to impact lives and share Christ’s love in our community this season!
- SBC Cactus is partnering with MentorKids AZ
- MentorKids provides Christian after-school programs in the Palomino Neighborhood that empower youth in grades 1-12 with academic skills, spiritual growth, and leadership development so they can reach their God-given potential and be transformative leaders in their families and community.
- Cactus will collect gift cards for MentorKids children and families who will be invited to a Christmas party on Thursday, December 15 at the Cactus Campus.
- To volunteer and collect gift cards on November 6, 13 or 20, contact Dalene at email@example.com.
- To serve at the MentorKids party in December, sign up at the patio table.
SBC Fountain Hills is partnering with Gigi’s Cottage
- Gigi’s Cottage provides housing and hope for up to nine girls (ages 7-18) who are in the Arizona foster care system. The vision is to help abused or neglected girls experience a home environment where they are shown respect and grace.
- SBC Fountain Hills will be collecting gifts for the girls who live at Gigi’s Cottage. To volunteer and collect gifts at Fountain Hills, select the volunteer button below.
- They will be invited to attend the SBC Fountain Hills Christmas party on Sunday, December 11, to receive their Christmas gifts and enjoy the festivities.
SBC North Ridge is partnering with Royal Family Kids Camp
- Royal Family Kids Camp offers several summer camps and mentoring clubs for Arizona foster children, ages 7-11. The camps are designed to give neglected children a week of memories and life-changing moments in a Christian environment.
- SBC North Ridge will be collecting gifts for 75+ foster children who attend these camps. To volunteer and collect gifts at North Ridge, select the volunteer button below.
- The campers will be invited to a Christmas party hosted by SBC North Ridge on Saturday, December 3 to receive their gifts and enjoy the festivities.
SBC Shea is partnering with Hope and a Future
- Hope and a Future is a local partner offering programs for foster youth such as camps, mentoring, and life skills achievement.
- SBC Shea will be collecting gifts for foster youth who participate in the year-round programs with Hope and a Future. To volunteer and collect gifts at Shea, select the volunteer button below.
- SBC volunteers will be invited to distribute the gifts to these youth at an off-site Christmas party on Saturday, December 10.
SBC Online is partnering with the Department of Child Services (DCS) and Operation Christmas Child (OCC)
- The Arizona Department of Child Safety provides services and resources to strengthen families and ensure the safety, permanency and well-being of children.
- The SBC Online family will purchase gifts for these foster children through their Amazon Wish List. Amazon will ship all gifts to the secure DCS Welcome Center. Please choose this Amazon address option: Welcome Center’s Gift Registry Address
Amazon Wish List
- You can also pack a OCC shoebox online! You can select toys and other items you’d like to include and personalize your OCC gift with your own letter and photo. OCC will pack the gift for you and send it to the child.
Pack a OCC shoebox online