Career Assistance Ministry
1st & 3rd Monday of each month | 6pm | Shea A6 (unless otherwise noted)
Meeting dates: January 28, February 4 & 25
No meetings on July 1 & September 2
If you’re currently in or anticipate a job search, our Career Assistance Ministry (CAM) is for you. You’ll gain support, learn top-notch search techniques, and network with other attendees. Composed of two sessions each month, CAM can help you with the critical areas of handling change, self-assessment, resume writing, job search methods, networking techniques and interviewing skills.
Each month the topics repeat, but the discussion topics change at each session based on the needs of the attendees. There’s no cost and no registration required, just bring something to take notes with.
Business Owners Hiring Network
There are many times when hiring managers need workers, and workers need a job. CAM would like to help facilitate these relationships and discretely connect both groups.
CAM is looking for volunteers to help support job seekers, especially those who have a background in recruiting/interviewing.
For more information on CAM, the business owners hiring network, or volunteering with this ministry, contact Joyce Graham at 480.824.7334.
Testimonies from Past Attendees
“When my company was reorganized and had to lay off many employees due to budget cuts, I was totally blindsided. I felt overwhelmed, depressed and defeated. I thought, how can I get sound wisdom on how to proceed in this process? My wife saw on the Scottsdale Bible website that there is a Career Assistance Ministry. I went to CAM and found a group of strangers who had a couple of things in common: a love for the Lord and the need for a job. The CAM facilitators with their calm personalities blended a group of strangers into a support team by the end of my first session. I had direction and resources to help me on this journey. Barbara Helstrom was extremely helpful—she got me up to speed on creating a new resume, coached me on interview questions and the process, and encouraged and PRAYED for me. CAM ministered to me at a time in my life that I needed it most! God used CAM to give me the tools and encouragement to get through this highly stressful process. I’m praising God for the job offer I just received in the field I was desiring and for the new friends I met through CAM.”
– Dan Shoemaker
“I was out of work for over a year. During the last few months of my search, I found CAM. The longer my search went on, the more valuable the CAM meetings became to me. The CAM team made great suggestions to get more mileage out of my efforts in my job search, and when I was feeling stuck they made great suggestions and provided encouragement. When I was feeling discouraged, I always came away with renewed energy and received very practical help in the form of resume reviews and interview coaching. I have now been re-employed for a month. God has done great things in my life and I know God will bless the wonderful people of CAM who freely gave of their valuable time and talents to help me along the way.”
– Dave Lewis
- Resource Guide
- Negotiating Your Salary: How to Make $1000 a Minute
- Linkedin 101
- Phoenix Area Job Search Networking Resources
- Getting the most out of Linkedin (Power Point)
- Behavioral Interview Preparation
- 90 Day Roadmap (Power Point)
- The Challenges and Opportunities of the New Recovery, Mark Anderson
- Getting Unstuck
- The Top 5 Ways To Be Remembered and Referred by Michael Goldberg
- Differentiating Yourself in the Marketplace, Jean Walker
- Phoenix Workforce Connection
- Presentation, Persuasion, Influence Any Outcome, Kathy McAfee
- Interview Dirty Dozen Questions
- The Almost Perfect Interview Planner
- How to Prepare a Facts, Achievements, Values (FAV) Worksheet
- FAV Sample Worksheet
- How the job search game has changed
- VITO Cover Letter
- VITO Cover Letter w Job Spec
- Leveraging Linkedin for Social Networking
- Experience Matters – Connecting Talent with Community
- Small business owners can optimize their online presence to help ensure they are set up for success
Free Career Assessment This free behavior assessment that will help you evaluate if your gifts and match your current job to your target career. This system is designed to identify your talents and match them to your ideal job.