Marriage is More Than a Wedding
We believe your wedding is more than just a ceremony. Marriage is a covenant intended by God to be a lifelong relationship between a man and a woman, and it’s sacred because He ordained it. Throughout God’s Word, we see the importance and valuable benefits of the husband-wife relationship.
We want your wedding day to be all you desire it to be as you celebrate your covenants and vows together with friends and family. We would also like to come alongside and help equip you with biblical principles to strengthen your relationship.
Why have your wedding in a church?
In recent years, the number of weddings has sadly declined, and so has the number of weddings held in a church. One of the benefits of a church wedding is that it helps reinforce the fundamental relationship with Christ that is illustrated by God in marriage. A church wedding can also be an evangelistic tool, showing those who don’t attend church that it can be a warm inviting place.
Weddings at Scottsdale Bible Church
Our church facilities are available to couples who desire to make their wedding a testimony to their relationship with Jesus Christ. The sacredness of marriage is described throughout the Bible; and therefore, we are committed to providing a biblical foundation for each marriage. Couples who plan to marry at Scottsdale Bible are asked to participate in individual counseling with the officiating pastor as well as our “Preparing for Marriage” classes.
If the bride, groom or a member of either immediate family (father, mother, brother or sister) is an active member or regular attendee of Scottsdale Bible, the couple can qualify for member fees.
Steps for Scheduling Your Wedding
- Read through our Wedding Book. You’ll find that many of your questions will be answered in it. For further questions, call the Marriage Ministry office at 480.824.7238.
- Register for our Preparing for Marriage class. Click here to see upcoming class dates and to register. If you are unable to complete a course on the dates available or before your wedding, your officiating pastor will be responsible for equivalent marriage counseling. Pre-marriage counseling plans will be discussed before your application is signed.
- Schedule your interview with our Marriage Pastor by calling 480.824.7238.
- Download the Wedding Application, complete it, and bring it and a deposit with you to your interview at the church office.
- After the interview and upon approval of your application, you will be assigned a wedding coordinator. She will contact you within approximately two weeks following the approval of your application.
- Print the Wedding Worksheet form and bring it to your first appointment with your coordinator. You may complete it prior to your appointment, or fill it out together at the appointment.
- Direct all wedding questions to your coordinator, as she is your liaison with Scottsdale Bible and will answer any questions you may have about your rehearsal and wedding. If you have questions regarding your wedding coordinator assignment, please call the Marriage Ministry at 480.824.7238. If your reception will be on our campus, a reception coordinator will be assigned and will contact you regarding those details.
We look forward to helping you plan a beautiful wedding day celebration!